- Vijayawada: TDP legislators denounce Naidu’s arrest, take out rally
- PM Modi Expresses Gratitude As Historic Women's Reservation Bill Passes Parliament
- Two dead several injured in a collision of a lorry and tourist bus in Annamayya
- Rangareddy: Library at Barkas set to turn a new page
- AIADMK And BJP Hint At Reconciliation Amidst Alliance Uncertainty
- KTR: TS 2-BHK initiative unmatched by any State; lashes out at Oppn parties
- Kurnool: Siva Kumar to represent Sepak takraw team at Asian games
- AP assembly session: Assembly adjourned for tea break
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 22 September, 2023
- Anantapur: Nara Chandrababu Naidu arrest shatters TDP camp
Municipal employees in Andhra Pradesh to be paid full salary from next month
In the wake of coronavirus outbreak, it is learnt that the salaries are deferred for the government employees
In the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, it is learnt that the salaries are deferred for the government employees. In the meanwhile, Municipal employees in the state are likely to be paid full pay starting June next month. The government has been paying wages by 50 per cent for the past two months (March and April). But workers in the public health sector are being paid full wages.
Officials said that the government is considering proposals to pay full-time wages to emergency services who are working to curtail the coronavirus. It is learnt that the decision of the government over the payment of the salaries would be taken once the chief secretary Nilam Sawhney returns from Visakhapatnam who presided there in the wake of the gas leakage accident.
In the wake of the outbreak of coronavirus and lockdown, government employees' salaries have been slashed for the past two months. However, the government pays full wages to doctors, police, sanitation workers and pensioners. The remaining employees have been paid a 50 percent and 10 percent cut. However, full-time salaries are expected to begin next month.
Meanwhile, in the latest media health bulletin released on Sunday morning, as many as 50 new coronavirus positive cases we're reported in Andhra Pradesh out of 8,666 sample conducted from Saturday morning to Sunday morning. With this, the total number of cases moves to 1980 with 925 discharged and 1010 active cases. While the death toll due to coronavirus stands 45. The number of active cases is decreasing as the number of people recovering from coronavirus in the state is steadily increasing. The state medical department said in a bulletin that 45 people were recovered from the virus on Saturday and discharged from hospitals.