- Edible oil brand Sunpure launches new campaign
- Gold and silver rates today stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 31 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Parts of state likely to receive rains with lightning strikes
- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
- No conditions set for women’s free travel in govt buses, says Minister Ramalinga Reddy
Municipal polls: 77 tables arranged for counting in Vizianagaram district
Counting of votes will be taken up for Vizianagaram Municipal Corporation, municipalities of Bobbili, Salur, Parvathipuram and Nellimarla Nagar Panchayat
Vizianagaram : District administration has made all arrangements for the counting of votes polled in the municipal elections.
Polling was held for Vizianagaram Municipal Corporation, municipalities of Bobbili, Salur, Parvathipuram and Nellimarla Nagar Panchayat. The counting of votes will be taken up on Sunday.
Collector M Hari Jawaharlal, election observer Kantilal Dande and SP B Rajakumari have visited various venues arranged for the counting process which would begin at 8 am.
In all, 25 counting tables have been arranged for the counting of votes polled in Vizianagaram Muncipal Corporation. Salur and Bobbili municipalities have been provided with 15 tables each and Parvathipuram 12. Ten tables have been set up for the counting of votes polled at Nellimarla Nagar Panchayat.
The counting of votes for Vizianagaram Municipal Corporation will be taken up at Rajiv Stadium here.
The total counting tables set up in the district are 77 and a special officer has been appointed for each municipality to supervise the counting process. Total 207 counting assistants and 90 supervisors have been appointed to complete the process in a smooth manner.
The entire process would be filmed with video cameras. The Collector stated that all the staff connected with the counting process have been trained. All the election agents have been asked to follow the Covid norms at counting centres.