- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
No right to life for Dalits in Jagan rule: APCC
Demanding immediate convening of the SC,ST Vigilance Committee headed by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy in the wake of increased attacks on Dalits, tribals and other weaker sections in the state
Vijayawada: Demanding immediate convening of the SC,ST Vigilance Committee headed by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy in the wake of increased attacks on Dalits, tribals and other weaker sections in the state, the Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee exhorted the Dalit intellectuals, and democratic-minded people to raise their voice against the atrocities by the ruling dispensation in the state with the active connivance of the BJP at the Centre.
APCC president S Sailajanath said in a statement here on Wednesday that it appears that the Dalits and Adivasis had no right to live under the rule of Jagan Mohan Reddy. He said that not a day passes without atrocities committed against the oppressed sections of people with the latest instance wherein a police officer kicked a Dalit at the Tekkali police station for complaining against the ruling party leaders.
Moreover, the youth who filmed the incident on their mobiles were also tortured by the police. He demanded immediate arrest of the accused police officer in the Tekkali police station incident.