- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Speaker accepts Congress MLA S. Vijayadharani's resignation
Officials asked to speed up works on micro-irrigation
Joint Collector 2 P Babu Rao directed the officials to complete the targets for the drip and micro irrigation in the district.
Vijayawada: Joint Collector 2 P Babu Rao directed the officials to complete the targets for the drip and micro irrigation in the district. He conducted a review meeting with the agriculture and horticulture department officials at the state guest house on Friday.
Addressing on the occasion, he said the government had set the target of 11,000 hectares for converting into drip and micro irrigation in the State. He said 1000 hectares are yet to be provided with micro and drip irrigation facility in the district.
Babu Rao said micro and drip irrigation is very useful to the farmers in the dry spell conditions and it also free from pests. He said the government is giving subsidy to the farmers to promote drip and micro irrigation.