- CM YS Jagan assured to solve issues in Prakasam dist: Balineni
- CM YS Jagan to distribute farm machinery, tractors worth Rs 361 cr today
- Jagan stymied Amaravati with 3 capitals proposal: Sujana Chowdary
- Jagan calls TDP manifesto ‘kichdi’ of plagiarised stuff
- Admissions in 5 new medical colleges from this year: Vidadala Rajini
- Keenly promoting millet cultivation, says Minister Dr Karumuri Nageswara Rao
- Complete Srinivasa Sethu works by June-end, TTD EO to officials
- SVIMS, IEA doing yeoman service to epilepsy patients
- Rs 1.67 cr input subsidy provided to 1,369 farmers in Kadapa
- Farmers, backbone of YSRCP: Peddireddi
Ongole: 200 two-wheelers seized in special drive
The traffic police seized about 200 motorcycles during a special drive and gave counselling to the drivers for violating road safety guidelines at Mangamur road in Ongole on Wednesday.
Ongole: The traffic police seized about 200 motorcycles during a special drive and gave counselling to the drivers for violating road safety guidelines at Mangamur road in Ongole on Wednesday.
Following the instructions of SP Malika Garg, traffic DSP P Mallikarjuna Rao, SI Subbarao, RSIs Khasim, Ravi Kumar and other staff formed teams and conducted special drive at Mangamur road. They seized 200 vehicles for violation of road safety guidelines including triple driving, modifying silencers and verified the licenses of the drivers. They found most of them were students and gave counselling to them and their parents on the adversities of license-less driving, triple driving, rash driving and violating traffic rules. They informed that the owner of the vehicle can be fined for allowing driving by a license-less person.
Traffic DSP Mallikarjuna Rao suggested the offenders take a license, if they are above 18 years old, before taking the vehicle for driving on roads.