- Target 370: Is BJP oversanguine?
- Economy on fire, not on all cylinders though
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
Ongole: Junior Red Cross at schools from next year says Collector Dr Pola Bhaskara
The Prakasam District Collector Dr Pola Bhaskara flagged off the Indian Red Cross rally from the Collectorate to the Addanki Bus Stand Centre in Ongole on Friday morning, to create awareness among people on blood donation
Ongole: The Prakasam District Collector Dr Pola Bhaskara flagged off the Indian Red Cross rally from the Collectorate to the Addanki Bus Stand Centre in Ongole on Friday morning, to create awareness among people on blood donation.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that there is a great need to create awareness on the Red Cross activities among youth. He said that Red Cross is a symbol of service and everyone should know about the various programmes being taken up by the organisation.
He said that a number of people are dying every day due to the lack of blood, and awareness among the public on the importance of blood donation should be brought with the help of campaigns.
He said due to the coronavirus outbreak, there is a scarcity of blood in the district and added that the government is making arrangements to organise blood donation camps in all mandals soon. He said that they would establish the Junior Red Cross in the high schools and explain to them the importance of the Red Cross' activities.
Prakasam district Indian Red Cross Society chairman Montessori Prakash, QIS Institute's president N Nageswara Rao and other members of the Red Cross Society also participated in the rally.