- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
People know case against Naidu is illegal: MLA Gadde
Points out that the CID officials first stated a scam of Rs 3,000 crore in Skill Development and now saying that Rs 27 crore corruption took place
Vijayawada: Vijayawada East MLA Gadde Rammohan Rao has said that the people of the State had acknowledged that the case registered against TDP supremo Nara Chandrababu Naidu was illegal, and all the Telugu people condemning this illegal arrest.
Opposing the illegal detention of Naidu, TDP cadre staged a protest at party district office here on Sunday. Participating in this protest, MLA Gadde stated that the people of the State had already understood that the arrest of Naidu was illegitimate. He informed that the road works of Amaravathi Inner Ring Road didn’t undertaken and not an acre of land was acquired for inner ring road during the TDP regime.
However, the YSRCP government had registered cases, alleging that there was corruption of over Rs 2,000 crore in this ring road, he added. Similarly, the Skill development cases too would come under that category, he informed. He said that the TDP supremo was not asking for bail, but Naidu predominantly was praying the Supreme Court for quashing those cases as they were illegal.
MLA Rammohan Rao further pointed out that the AP CID earlier stated that there was a scam of Rs 3,000 crore in Skill development, later the CID told there has been a scam of Rs 300 crore. At present the CID said that there was Rs 27 crore corruption had taken place, and in near future, the CID would tell that there is no corruption in the Skill development, he said. He said that the TDP would organise a door-to-door campaign to tell about the injustice, which was done to Naidu and added that they would also distribute pamphlets regarding this issue to the public.
TDP Vijayawada Municipal Corporation corporators Jasti Sambasiva Rao, Mummaneni Prasad, Devineni Aparna, Chennupati Gandhi, Patamata Sathish Chandra, Koneru Rajesh, Vemula Durga Rao and others participated in this protest.