- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Rajamahendravaram: Special drive to check number plate tampering
As per the directives of Rajamahendravarm Urban Superintendent of Police Aishwarya Rastogi, the police officials have been conducting a special drive on number plate irregularities in the city for the last few days
Rajamahendravaram: As per the directives of Rajamahendravarm Urban Superintendent of Police Aishwarya Rastogi, the police officials have been conducting a special drive on number plate irregularities in the city for the last few days. During the special drive, 758 number plate irregularities on two-wheelers were noticed and a fine of Rs 75,800 was imposed on the violators.
SP Rastogi said that some of the two-wheeler riders are tampering with the number plates with a view to escape from the police checking. Illegal activities like transporting illicit arrack, ganja etc are being carried out by tampering with the number plate.
He warned the violators that all the vehicles and bikes which will be moving without number plates are liable to be seized besides taking stringent legal action. He appealed to the people to wear Bureau of Indian Standard or ISI mark helmets for their safety.