- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Rs 450 Crore Construction Workers Welfare Fund Diverted in AP: Pawan Kalyan
The YSRCP Government did not take any care for the worst suffering construction workers in the State from last fifteen months, lambasted the Jana Sena president Pawan Kalyan, in a series of tweets on Sunday.
Amaravati: The YSRCP Government did not take any care for the worst suffering construction workers in the State from last fifteen months, lambasted the Jana Sena president Pawan Kalyan, in a series of tweets on Sunday.
Appealing the State government on behalf of AP construction workers, Pawan Kalyan observed that, "There are 22 lakh registered construction workers in the state. First there was sand shortage, then Covid 19 and till now government support to construction sector workers was zero. This govt does not care for its workers"
He further accused that, "Instead of taking care of our workers, the government is diverting their welfare funds. About Rs 450 crores of AP Construction Workers Welfare Fund has been diverted by the YSRCP government for its own use".
Condemning the diversion of the funds, Pawan Kalyan made an observation that, "On what authority does the State government have to divert these funds worth Rs 450 crore without even consulting construction workers Trade Union. This is abuse of worker rights and gross violation of labour laws and unconstitutional"
He demanded the YSRCP government to rethink it and take appropriate action for the welfare and benefit of the construction workers.