- Kandikunta Venkata Prasad conducts door-to-door campaign in Kadiri
- Rajamahendravaram: Gas agencies told to register at consumers’ doorstep
- Eluru Jana Sena leaders to stage protest for not allocating ticket to party
- TDP to hold a meeting in Vijayawada Central Constituency
- Airtel switches to recycled PVC SIM cards – partners IDEMIA
- BJP made tough decisions like no other govt: Rajnath
- Congress leader Dakareddy Chandrasekhar Reddy seeks Malkajgiri MP ticket
- National Science Day
- 94 pc of Indian firms plan to boost workers’ skills, abilities this year
- Jana Sena may not get any seats in Srikakulam
SIMBEX begins in South China sea
Indian Naval ships Kolkata and Shakti are taking part in the sea phase of the 26th edition of Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) -2019 commenced on Sunday in South China Sea.
Visakhapatnam: Indian Naval ships Kolkata and Shakti are taking part in the sea phase of the 26th edition of Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) -2019 commenced on Sunday in South China Sea.
During the sea phase, IN ships along with long range maritime patrol aircraft P81 and ships of Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) Steadfast and Valiant, maritime patrol aircraft Fokker-50 and F-16 fighter aircraft perform various maritime combat drills as part of four-day exercise. The maritime combat drills include advanced aerial tracking, coordinated targeting and tactical exercises and weapon firing on aerial and surface targets.
Over the years since its inception in 1993, the annual bilateral exercise SIMBEX has been demonstrating India's commitment to enhance maritime cooperation between the two navies and strengthen the bonds of friendship between the nations.