- 'ED notice to Abhishek Banerjee's wife an inhuman act': Mamata Banerjee
- India's 5G sales hit 50% market for 1st time: Report
- Prince Harry fails to show up for court, will give evidence on Tuesday
- Odisha train mishap: CBI to probe from sabotage angle of signaling system
- Vinsys IT Services files draft papers for IPO; to list on NSE Emerge
- UoH among Top 10 in NIRF 2023
- JD-U MLA levels serious allegations against additional chief secy over bridge collapse
- AIADMK urges Tamil Nadu School Education Dept to fill up teacher vacancies
- ITH retained its place in the Top 10 in NIRF-Engineering, Top-15 in NIRF-Overall & IITH excelled in NIRF-Innovation Ranking, bagging Rank#3
- Guntur Road Accident 7 dead 20 injured
Srikakulam: Floodwater-level expected to rise at Gotta barrage
- Srikakulam district received 6.9 % excess rain
- Alerts the people in adjacent areas through revenue and police departments
Srikakulam: The district has received 6.9 per cent of excess rainfall till second week of September against normal.
Planning department joint director M Mohan Rao said that normal rainfall from June to September second week is 590.6 mm but the district recorded rainfall of 631.5 mm till 13 September which is 6.9 percent excess.
With moderate rainfall in several parts across the district and adjacent state Odisha on Sunday and Monday, the floodwater levels are expected to rise in Vamsadhara river by the early hours Tuesday at Gotta barrage.
Vamsadhara project superintendent D Tirumala Rao said that they are monitoring the water level continuously in Vamsadhara river and alerted the people in adjacent areas through revenue and police departments.