- Three injured while boarding Janmabhoomi
- AP Cabinet meeting concludes, here are the decisions
- Police In Kurukshetra Lathicharge On Farmers Who Were Protesting
- Investors in wait n watch mode ahead of RBI meet
- Home Minister Dr Parameshwara determined to erase communal tag on coastal areas
- Telangana: Youth congress national executive meetings begin in Hyderabad
- TDP manifesto creating tremors in YSRCP: Sunitha
- Union Minister Pravin Pawar releases BJP broucher in Vijayawada
- Visakhapatnam: Outreach activities organised at Eastern Naval Command
- Rajamahendravaram : Alumnus assures help in classroom construction in govt degree college
Srikakulam: Sarpanch candidate lost election, wins hearts
Even though P Sriram lost in the gram panchayat elections with a margin of one vote, he fulfilled his promise by constructing a house for a poor family
Srikakulam: A sarpanch candidate, who lost the seat with a margin of a single vote in the gram panchayat poll in February has fulfilled the promise he made to a family.
Pedada Sriram, an advocate of Davalapeta village in G Sigadam mandal contested in gram panchayat elections. During the election campaign, he heard woes Kadagana Ramudu, who was residing outskirts of the village along with his family.
Ramudu along with his wife and four daughters, who are physically and mentally challenged, were living in a small hut Ramudu is living along with his wife and four daughters and all the daughters are physically and mentally challenged in a small hut in a gramakantam site.
Sriram fulfilled his promised that he made to the Ramudu's family. He constructed a house for them by spending Rs 3 lakh from his own pocket and handed over the keys to the family on Monday.