- HCA announces Rs 10 lakh cash prize to Hyderabad team
- Warangal Mayor caught in no man’s land
- 'Yashasvi has not learnt from you': Hussain slams Duckett
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan rout Aizawl FC 5-1
- Word Table Tennis Championships: Indian men, women enter knock-out phase
- Apple's 'iRing' Development Rushes Amid Samsung's Smart Ring Announcement
- 71st Miss World contestants converge in Delhi
- BJP’s ‘Vijaya Sankalpa Yatra’ begins in MBNR
- Understanding Dermatomyositis in light of Suhani Bhatnagar’s passing
- Important facts about surrogacy and its legalities
Take measures for welfare of fishing communities, Centre urged
- 21 YSRCP MPs submit a representation to Union Fisheries Minister Parshottam Rupalato
- Implementation of aquaculture insurance policy sought
New Delhi: YSR Congress Party MPs on Wednesday, submitted a letter to Union Fisheries Minister Parshottam Rupalato to bring his attention to the various issues that have been plaguing Andhra Pradesh and sought his intervention ensuring the speedy resolution of these issues for the welfare of the fishing communities in the State.
The letter was signed by 21 YSRCP MPs representing Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. In the letter, the YSRCP MPs pressed upon nine issues including: Extending financial assistance for the opening of sandbar north of Pulicat Lake near Rayadaruvu, sanctioning funds for the development of shore facilities for marine fisheries and setting up fish landing centres under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, establishing Regional Centre of Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture in Andhra Pradesh, declaring Visakhapatnam Airport as Port of Entry to import L vannamei broodstock for the proposed Aquatic Quarantine Facility (AQF) and establishing an Aquatic Quarantine Certification Service (AQCS) unit office in Visakhapatnam.
The demands also included the following: Formulating and implementing an aquaculture insurance policy, providing compensation to fishermen for loss of work during naval events, implementing a national DBT scheme for fishermen during the annual fishing ban period, providing greater funding assistance for the development of fisheries harbours under phase II in Andhra Pradesh and devising a mechanism for repatriation of fishermen abroad.