- Former JSP leader Srinivas joins BJP
- Hari Narayana statue unveiled
- BC Welfare Minister vows to solve public problems
- Institutional collaboration helps in effective knowledge sharing
- Amara Hospital celebrates 3rd anniversary
- Reunion held for Nunna ZPHS 2008-09 batch
- Ambari-Pimpulkhuti electrifiction to bolster rail connectivity in SCR
- If Alliance With TDP-JSP Fails… BJP ready with Plan ‘B’
- Hyderabad: Traffic restrictions issued for PM’s visit
- DYFI slams govt over unemployment issue
Take steps to meet farmers' needs: Collector to officials
District Collector J Nivas directed the officials of Agriculture, Irrigation, AP Seeds and Marketing departments to take all measures to meet the requirements of farmers in kharif season.
Srikakulam: District Collector J Nivas directed the officials of Agriculture, Irrigation, AP Seeds and Marketing departments to take all measures to meet the requirements of farmers in kharif season. Farmers should not suffer due to water supply, seeds, or fertilisers, he said.
The Collector held a review meeting here on Tuesday with the officials of various departments with regard to arrangements for kharif season for the benefit of farmers in the district. Normally kharif season starts from first week of July, but officials
have to prepare action plan for kharif in advance of 15 days. Total 5.25 lakh acres extent of land will be cultivated during kharif season in the district and officials need to make arrangements by expecting requirements of farmers, Collector said.
He warned the officials that action will be taken against them if they fail to take steps to solve problems relating to water, seed and fertilisers supply in any area. Collector also directed officials to supply seeds category as per requirement of farmers and suggested officials not to force farmers to purchase particular variety of seeds.
Irrigation and Vamsadhara Superintendent Engineer, M Surendar Reddy, Joint Director for Agriculture, K Ch. Appala Swamy, AP Seeds District Manager, P Balakrishna, Agriculture officials B V Tirumala Rao, irrigation engineers attended the meeting.