- K’taka bandh likely to hit normal life amid govt’s effort to minimise impact
- Michael Gambon, who played Dumbledore in ‘Harry Potter’, passes away at 82
- Am free man, can go anywhere: Sourav Ganguly on his trip to Spain with CM
- Neobanking startup Fi cuts 10% of its staff in restructuring exercise
- Congress mulling idea to drop several sitting MLAs in Rajasthan after internal survey shows anti-incumbency
- Will you resign if nothing found in probe, Kejriwal asks PM Modi over house renovation row
- Bengal school job case: ED summons Abhishek Banerjee again on Oct 3
- Demands for fair share charge on OTT companies smack of rent-seeking: IAMAI
- Worms in Mid-Day Meal: Goa govt suspends licence of Self-Help Group
- Angelina Jolie was ‘saved’ by her children
Tax devolutions: Centre releases Rs 4,721.44 cr to AP
The Union government has released two installments of tax devolutions to AP government amounting to Rs 4,721.44 crore as against a normal monthly devolution of a single installment.
New Delhi: The Union government has released two installments of tax devolutions to AP government amounting to Rs 4,721.44 crore as against a normal monthly devolution of a single installment.
A government press release said here on Wednesday that this was in line with the commitment of the Centre to strengthen the hands of States to accelerate their capital and developmental expenditure.
Similarly, Telangana State got Rs 2,452.32 crore. The Centre has maintained that it is determined to get growth going; besides calling on banks to disburse more loans, the Finance Ministry also incentivised the States to spend more.
Tax devolution has been front-loaded to help the States step up their pace of investments. Typically, the tax devolution to States is done in 14 installments in a year, and adjustments, as per revised estimates, are usually done in March.