- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
West Godavari: Congress demands judicial probe into arrack deaths
Demands `50 lakh ex gratia to the arrack victims
Jangareddigudem(West Godavari): Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president Dr Sake Sailajanath demanded that judicial enquiry should be ordered into the hooch tragedy in which more than two dozen people died.
After visiting the bereaved families of the victims here on Wednesday, Dr Sailajanath said that poor people died due to the indifference and inefficiency of the State government. He demanded Rs 50 lakh ex gratia to the families of the victims. The PCC chief deplored that the State government was describing them as natural deaths.
West Godavari district Congress committee president Jetti Gurunadha Rao accompanied the PCC president.