- President Murmu reaches Serbia on 3-day state visit
- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
- Handball -One more in the IPL basket
- Yogi Govt to train 1,00,437 people to realise dream of 'Swachh Bharat' in rural UP
- Goods train wagons run over seven workers in Odisha, four killed
- LIC holding in Tech Mahindra increases to 8.8 per cent
- Adani Group, the emerging leader in ESG
- Cyclone 'Biparjoy' may not hit Goa coast: IMD
- Fish Prasadam on June 9
Gold prices today hikes in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and Mumbai on 5 August 2020
Gold prices in the country have been increasing for the last two week reaching all time high.
Gold prices today, 5 August 2020: Gold prices in the country have been increasing for the last two week reaching all time high. On MCX, Gold futures by Rs. 160 to Rs 55,530 in while the silver has slashed by Rs. 350 to Rs. 65,050 today. MCX is a Multi Commodity Exchange where the metal items are offered for trading such as gold, diamond and none ferrous items just like the BSE for other commodities. .
While coming to what the carat is, it is the measure of the purity of the gold. There are three types 24 carats, 22 carat, and 18 carat. The 24-carat gold consists of total of 24 part gold whereas 22 carat contains 22 parts gold and 2 parts other elements to form the jewelry, while the 18 carat has 18 parts gold and 6 parts copper and other elements. The purity is calculated by dividing the carat by 24 and multiplying it with 100. The 24 carat home is said to be 100 percent pure while the 22 carat constitute 91.67 percent pure. Keeping them aside let's have a look at the rates for the day at four major centers.
In the country's capital, Delhi, gold prices have been at Rs. 52,550 per ten grams of 22 carat and the price of 10 grams of 24 carat is at 53,750 with a hike of Rs. 100. While in Chennai, the gold prices stood at Rs. 52,080 per ten grams of 22 carats and ten grams of 24 carats remained at Rs. 56,830 with an increase of Rs. 200 and Rs. 220.
In Kolkata, the yellow metal has stood at Rs. 52,500 per ten grams of 22 carat Rs. 53,900 per ten gram of 24 carat with no change. The gold prices in the commercial capital Mumbai have come down by Rs. 100 for both 22 carats and 24-carat gold taking the prices to Rs. 52,300 and Rs. 53,300 .
|22 carat Gold (10gms)||24 carat Gold (10gms)||silver (1kg)|
|Delhi||Rs. 52,550||Rs. 53,750||Rs.65,050|
|Chennai||Rs. 52,080||Rs. 56,830||Rs.65,050|
|Kolkata||Rs. 52,500||Rs. 53,900||Rs.65,050|
|Mumbai||Rs. 52,300||Rs. 53,300||Rs.65,050|