- Ruturaj Gaikwad from Chennai Super Kings has tied the knot with Utkarsha Pawar
- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Cyberabad CP Stephen inaugurates renovated EOW office
- Visakhapatnam: Women's T20 cricket tournament from June 4
- Hyderabad: NSDC organising Kaushal Mahotsav, a two-day Job Mela
Wipro: Reprioritisation of business strategy in focus
The strategic rejig by Wipro under the leadership of its new chief executive officer (CEO) Thierry Delaporte is a step in the right direction, but execution holds the key to get the desired outcomes.
Bengaluru: The strategic rejig by Wipro under the leadership of its new chief executive officer (CEO) Thierry Delaporte is a step in the right direction, but execution holds the key to get the desired outcomes. According to analysts, a simplified operating model, strengthening of sales muscle, and focus on large deals that have potential to accelerate the revenue growth of Wipro. Also, reprioritisation of Wipro with a focus on a few verticals in Europe and the Middle East, can augur well for the IT firm's growth.
"Under the new leadership, the changes proposed by Wipro are in the right direction. Especially, emphasis on large deals, client mining, simplification of operating structure with lesser number of P&L heads, and focus on increasing the share of digital revenue have the potential to take the company in its growth phase," said Sanjeev Hota, head (research) at Sharekhan, a Mumbai-based brokerage firm. "However, we have to wait and watch that how the company executes on these key strategies, which will determine the outcome," he added. In the recent analyst meet, Wipro's new CEO presented a blueprint for driving the future growth in the Bengaluru-headquartered company, which has not been able to match revenue growth numbers with its bigger peers during past years. With Delaporte at the helm, the IT firm is now planning to take a number of steps- both organisational and market-related issues in order to accelerate growth prospects.