- Kerala govt suspends College Dean in student death case
- BJP's Pawan Singh not to contest from Asansol, opts out
- IWD 2024: Top 5 Indian Women on International Podium
- Shehbaz Sharif elected Pakistan Prime Minister
- Demand for key minerals to soar with growth of EVs
- Punjab sees 15.69pc increase in GST: Minister
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya loves collecting souvenirs from film sets
- Annual working hours in S. Korea drops to 200: Report
- 12 states in next 10 days: PM Modi's gruelling schedule shows BJP in 'Mission 370' mode
- Six-year-old girl raped by teenager in UP village
Ace Musician A R Rahman Says That Even He Would Love To Wear A Burqa If PossibleBy Defending His Daughter
Bangladesh Writer Taslima Nasreen has put a controversial tweet on her Twitter page and gave the netizens an important issue to be discussed on this social media platform.
Bangladesh Writer Taslima Nasreen has put a controversial tweet on her Twitter page and gave the netizens an important issue to be discussed on this social media platform. It all started with the tweet of Taslima Nasreen...
Look at her tweet and know where the issue actually started…
I absolutely love A R Rahman's music. But whenever i see his dear daughter, i feel suffocated. It is really depressing to learn that even educated women in a cultural family can get brainwashed very easily! pic.twitter.com/73WoX0Q0n9— taslima nasreen (@taslimanasreen) February 11, 2020
This tweet has Taslima stating that, she absolutely loves A R Rahman's music but says that she feels suffocated whenever she sees his daughter. It is because she feels that even an educated woman belonging from a cultural family can be brainwashed so easily.
And the daughter of Rahman Khatija has given a strong reply to this Bangadeshi writer. She stated that why only when it comes to women belonging to a certain faith, do double standards and sudden concerns exist.
She was complimented by the netizens and even her father did the same thing when he was asked for an opinion on this issue.
He also said that he would love to wear a burqa as it will be easy to shop and have a happy and private life. He also said that Khatija didn't consult the family members before giving a reply to Taslima's tweet.
This ace musician also said that Khatija is so simple that she will even attend the funeral of maid's relative or her mother and this defines her simplicity. So, it burqa protects her freedom and helps her stay from hush hush life.