- Bodies of three minor sisters found stuffed in trunk near Punjab's Jalandhar, parents held
- After Bihar releases caste-based census, Rahul says it is important to know caste statistics
- US pharma giant Viatris inks 2 deals to sell India business for $1.2 bn
- LG orders Project Management Unit to be set up for Multi Modal Integration ops at Metro Stations
- Will conduct caste census in India after 2024: Lalu Prasad
- JSW Infra to make market debut on Tuesday after 2 days of IPO closure
- Net office leasing rises 5 pc to 18-month high of 10.37 mn sq ft in Jul-Sep across top 7 cities: JLL
- Ageing Singapore offers a blueprint for action By Rahul Malhotra, Duke-NUS Medical School
- No copyright in scriptures but their adaptations protected : Delhi HC
- Abhishek Banerjee leads TMC protest at Rajghat pressing Centre to release MGNREGA funds
Vishal's Chakra OTT Release Hits A Roadblock
The Madras High court stayed the release of Kollywood actor Vishal starrer "Chakra' via OTT.
In this connection, the Madras High court has also issued notices to Tamil actor Vishal and director Anandan. Trident art has alleged in its petition that it has incurred a loss of about 8 crores and the Madras High court judge N Satish Kumar has issued a notice to the director and the actor asking them to give a written explanation in this regard.
According to the lawyer of the petitioner Vijay Subramanyan, on August 29th of 2018 they had entered into an agreement according to which the actor Vishal was supposed to act as an army officer in the movie. According to the Producer, a cheque for one lakh was given to the director as a token advance. But in view of the lockdown imposed by the Coronavirus, the project was held up.
But meanwhile, the actor produced the movie 'Chakra" which was helmed by Anandan. The Producer has alleged in his petition that later the actor and the director avoided talking to him or meeting him. The movie has also been sold to an OTT platform for about 44 crores. Now, the producer has stated in his application that if the release of the movie is not stayed it would affect his rights and has argued in the court to direct the two to deposit one crore. We are yet to learn about the motive of the actor director duo or the intricacies involved in the case.