- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Priyamani as folk singer Belli Lalitha?
Actress Priyamani, who was seen in Telugu movies like ‘Yamadonga’, ‘Hare Ram,’ ‘King’ and ‘Drona’, is returning to acting to reprise the role of revered Telangana-based folk singer Belli Lalitha in ‘Virata Parvam 1992’.
Actress Priyamani, who was seen in Telugu movies like 'Yamadonga', 'Hare Ram,' 'King' and 'Drona', is returning to acting to reprise the role of revered Telangana-based folk singer Belli Lalitha in 'Virata Parvam 1992'. During the heights of Maoist activities in the then united Andhra Pradesh, Belli Lalitha turned a rebellious singer at the age of 19 and was brutally killed by Gangster Nayeem.
She was tortured for days and her body was dismembered before being thrown in front of a police station. Already, we know that Rana Dagubatti will be playing a upright naxalite in the multi-starrer movie which has Sai Pallavi donning the protagonist role.
The film, set in 1980s, showcases the lives of ultras in those times since Telangana was once the hot-bed of Naxal movement. Priyamani, who bagged the national award for her performance in Tamil film 'Paruthiveeran', has good scope to bag another award in this real-life role.
Priyamani should be looking to do more meaty roles after this movie.