- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Boosting entrepreneurship ecosystem in northeast
To support professional development in the areas of management, entrepreneurship and skill development, and to meet the larger demand for capacity building and entrepreneurship promotion in the northeast, the institutes will collaborate and exchange information and resources
The Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Guwahati and the Incubation and Enterprise Support Centre of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Shillong signed an agreement recently to boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the northeastern region.
"The objective of this partnership is to encourage entrepreneurship, incubation, and startups in the North Eastern Region," an official statement said. Secretary in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajesh Aggarwal said the northeast has tremendous potential that is just waiting to be discovered.
"This partnership will help create an atmosphere where startups and entrepreneurs can flourish in the region by not just supporting and encouraging the locals but also giving them access to formal training, professional mentorship, and the technical know-how needed to run a successful business," Aggarwal added.
The institutes will together conduct certified courses on entrepreneurship development and also train startups and incubate them under the Incubation and Enterprise Support Centre, IIM Shillong. They will also promote educational lectures, workshops, exhibitions, and other knowledge dissemination programmes in the region. Both institutes will share infrastructure facilities like laboratories, libraries, incubation centres, etc with each other for the research work of the incubates and beneficiaries.
Faculties from both institutes will be part of mentoring, training, workshops, and evaluation juries for the incubation centre.