- DyCM row deepens in K’taka: CM loyalist Cong MLA bats for creation of 5 DyCM posts
- KCR directs officials to conduct last rites of Harishwar Reddy with state honours
- A vocal minority today, Indians first arrived in a hostile Canada in 1902
- Bernadine Bezuidenhout ruled out of New Zealand's women's tour of South Africa
- Botsa Satyanarayana says ED made arrests first in skill development scam
- National Singles Day
- Lankan PM Dinesh Gunawardhana urged to operate daily flights to Hyderabad
- Fitness expert’s strategies for a pain-free life
- Rangareddy District Collector Collector Harish reviews development projects in Ibrahimpatnam
- Baljeet Kaur’s journey to heights
Puttaparthi: Farmers told to use tools to reduce cultivation costs
District Collector P Arun Babu observed that farm mechanisation is the key for neutralising crop investment costs.
Puttaparthi (Sathya Sai): District Collector P Arun Babu observed that farm mechanisation is the key for neutralising crop investment costs.
Participating in the YSR Farm Mechanisation Mela held at the police parade grounds here on Friday, Arun Babu said that farm mechanisation brings down the cultivation costs. The government, he said was making farm automation machinery available to farmers on simple rental basis.
The collector said that the government was committed to make agriculture a profitable proposition and as part of the agenda has introduced farm mechanisation. In Sathya Sai district, over 234 farmers groups were given Rs 15.138 crore for acquiring farming machines along with a subsidy of Rs 5.485 crore to purchase 137 tractors and 448 farm implements.
He said the farmers must take advantage of the government incentives and turn farming into a profitable proposition.
MP Gorantla Madhav urged farmers to make use of farm mechanisation and lessen their financial burden on crop production. Agriculture Joint Director Subbarao and others participated.