- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
Reopening of schools for class 1 to 5 not now: Minister Suresh Kumar
In the wake of spike in Covid positive cases, Primary and Secondary Education Minister S Suresh Kumar said that schools for classes 1 to 5 were not opened from Monday as announced earlier
Bengaluru: In the wake of spike in Covid positive cases, Primary and Secondary Education Minister S Suresh Kumar said that schools for classes 1 to 5 were not opened from Monday as announced earlier.
He said that the Central government was worried after the COVID cases increased in five States, including Karnataka.
"In the light of the increasing Covid cases it is not appropriate to open schools.
If schools reopen for these classes we will take action. The cases are high in Kerala and Maharashtra. Thus, it is not possible to reopen schools. However, we will consult experts on this issue," the minister added.