- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
Former JD(S) minister Revanna tests Covid positive
Former Karnataka minister and Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) legislator H.D. Revanna has tested positive for coronavirus, an official said on Friday.
Bengaluru: Former Karnataka minister and Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) legislator H.D. Revanna has tested positive for coronavirus, an official said on Friday.
"Revanna has been admitted to a private hospital here for treatment after he tested Covid positive," a party official told IANS.
Revanna, 62, is the second son of JD-S supremo and former Prime Minister H.D. Deve Gowda and elder brother of former Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy.
"Revanna has tested positive for coronavirus. I pray he recovers and gets back to serve people," tweeted state Health Minister B.R. Sriramulu in Kannada.
Revanna is a fifth time legislator from the Holenarsipur assembly segment in Hassan district.
"Though Revanna had tested negative earlier when four of his security persons contracted the virus, he took the test on Thursday after he displayed symptoms of the virus," the official said.