- Snow in Beijing affects road, railway, air traffic
- Till you take to streets, govt won’t listen: Sharad Pawar at Maha agitation
- Amit Shah moves 2 J&K Bills for passage in Rajya Sabha
- Countdown to select new Madhya Pradesh CM begins as observes reach BJP office
- WhatsApp Update- WhatsApp Set to Introduce New Channel Alerts Feature
- The government is ready to answer any issue raised by the opposition: CM Siddaramaiah
- Delhi court extends judicial custody of Manish Sisodia till Jan 10 in excise policy case
- SC recommends setting up of Truth & Reconciliation Commission to probe human rights violations in J&K
- Fielding coach Munish Bali praises ‘impact player’ Amanjot Kaur for all-round show in third T20I
- Chandrayaan-3, ChatGPT rule Google Search in India this year
BBMP invites applications to claim Covid relief
To avail of the compensation being paid by the State government for families affected by Covid-19, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has invited people to submit applications
Bengaluru: To avail of the compensation being paid by the State government for families affected by Covid-19, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has invited people to submit applications.
Under the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana, the families of Covid-19 the victim under the Below Poverty Line are eligible to receive 1 lakh as compensation and can claim additional relief of Rs 50,000 from the State Disaster Relief Fund (SDRF). The bereaving families can get a total of Rs. 1,50,000 as Covid-19 relief fund. For those above the poverty line, they can also claim a total of Rs 50,000 relief under the SDRF and will be provided to the legal heir through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
The Health department of BBMP issued a circular seeking applications for such compensations to be filed in the revenue officer's office from in all the 198 wards. The applications must be filed along with a list of documents to be considered eligible.
All applications must be filed with a Covid-19 positive report, patient's BU number, death certificate or death Summary from the hospital (Form-4/4a), identification document of the deceased, BPL card of the deceased (For State relief), applicant's Aadhar card, bank Passbook copy, applicant's BPL card (for State relief), applicant's Bank/Post Office Book, and self-declaration Form (Form-2). If the application is not filed by the wife/husband of the deceased, they need to secure a NOC.