- AWS launches palm-scanning authentication service for companies
- Three held for assaulting students of DAV school in Patna
- Deal for anti-missile/anti-aircraft point defence weapon system for Indian Navy signed
- Climate change to spur bat expansion, rabies virus spillover in US: Study
- OnePlus leading Android smartphone brand during Amazon Great Indian Festival 2023
- Six children sustain injuries in bomb explosion in Begusarai
- PCBL to acquire Aquapharm Chemicals for Rs 3800 crore
- Rs 2000 Crore allocated to Local Bodies for Solid Waste Management, Sewage treatment, Water Supply and Cleanliness
- Japan rolls out trial sales of 'morning-after' contraceptive pills: Report
- Rs 115 Crore recovered from KIADB plot allottees: Minister MB Patil
Bengaluru State to ramp up Coronavirus tests to 1.5 lakh a day
Karnataka Medical Education Minister K Sudhakar on Wednesday said the state conducted 1.04 lakh coronavirus tests in a single day on Tuesday, and the government's aim was to increase the number to 1.5 lakh per day.
Bengaluru: Karnataka Medical Education Minister K Sudhakar on Wednesday said the state conducted 1.04 lakh coronavirus tests in a single day on Tuesday, and the government's aim was to increase the number to 1.5 lakh per day.
In a tweet, Sudhakar said, "Karnataka conducted 1,04,348 Covid-19 tests in a single day on Tuesday. As many as 55,690 RT-PCR and other method tests were conducted across 146 labs in the state and 48,658 Rapid Antigen Tests were conducted across 30 districts."
As of Tuesday evening, cumulatively 6.57 lakh Covid-19 positive cases were confirmed in the state, which includes 9,461 deaths and 5.33 lakh discharges, the health department's bulletin said.
Bengaluru urban district tops the list of positive cases with a total of 2.57 lakh infections, followed by Mysuru (38,611) and (Ballari) 33,257.
Out of 9,993 fresh cases reported on Tuesday, a record 5,012 cases were from Bengaluru urban alone. PTI