- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Bescom Introduces WhatsApp Support Numbers To Cater Customers During Emergency
- The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (Bescom) has created 11 WhatsApp numbers to assist clients in an emergency.
- After the electrical distribution company's helpline number 1912, it was overwhelmed with calls amid rains and other situations.
The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (Bescom) has created 11 WhatsApp numbers to assist clients in an emergency.
V Sunil Kumar, Karnataka's Energy, Kannada and Culture Minister, issued the directive that after the electrical distribution company's helpline number 1912, it was overwhelmed with calls amid rains and other situations. Citizens have reported on multiple occasions that no one has returned their calls.
Consumers can now send a WhatsApp message to get a speedy response to power outages and other power-related issues in their neighbourhood. Along with the existing 1912 hotline number, the WhatsApp helpline lines will be operational.
The BESCOM has issued 11 WhatsApp hotline numbers to eight districts under its authority for quick resolution of power outages and electricity-related customer problems. Customers have been unable to connect to the 1912 helpline number since the existing helpline number has been overwhelmed with calls during emergencies. V. Sunil Kumar, Minister of Energy, Kannada, and Culture, has directed BESCOM to offer WhatsApp numbers to all eight districts, citing the inconvenience to consumers.
The helpline executives will receive the WhatsApp messages and work with the Bescom centres to handle the power-related concerns as quickly as possible. According to Bescom, this facility will assist users find quick and painless answers to power-related difficulties.
Consumers have been given 11 WhatsApp numbers by Bescom. Four different WhatsApp helpline numbers have been introduced for Bengaluru Urban District, which is divided into four circles (South, North, West, and East).