- iPhone SE 4 May Ditch Home Button: New CAD Renders Unveil Design
- Land grabs galore in Madanapuram
- Komatireddy makes whirlwind tour of dist
- Govt keeping its word zealously, says Dy CM
- Operation Valentine Movie Leaked: Full HD Movie Leaked On Movierulz, Telegram
- Loss lessons from Assembly elections impact decisions
- City surgeon gets patent for path-breaking carpal tunnel device invention
- Lone Wolf operators at large?
- Five including three kids killed in fatal road accident
- Ambati Rambabu responds of Prashant Kishor’s comments on Jagan
Hyderabad: Businessman loses Rs 70000 after he orders for home delivery of liquor
An Uttar Pradesh-based businessman who was on a visit to Hyderabad lost Rs 70,000 after he ordered for home delivery of liquor online
The police said that the victim came to the city on a business trip on June 15 and was staying at a hotel in Banjara Hills. "Since the lockdown was in place, the victim searched for the liquor online when he came across an advertisement on Google and contacted the number he found and was promised to be delivered liquor at the door-step," the police added.
It is learned that the businessman sent his bank account and credit card details including OTP when the fraudster asked him for an advance. "Minutes later, an SMS popped up pertaining to the money debited from his account in two instalments," the police said, adding that a complaint was lodged against the fraudster by the businessman.
The Banjara Hills police registered a case and were investigating.