- Audimulapu Suresh assures support to kin of Kanna Venkateshwarlu
- Delhi HC disposes appeal against single-judge who rejected restraining order on BharatPe's Grover over unpaid shares
- Shami's IPL 2024 Exit: Gujarat Titans Face Crisis with Ankle Injury
- Complete 240 residential units for PM Package employees by March 20: J&K
- Six-year-old boy mauled to death by stray dogs in UP district
- Studies show no safe air quality threshold exists for heart & lung health
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli's Son Akaay: Is He an Indian or British Citizen? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Several YSRCP leaders join TDP in Dharmavaram
- MP Poonamben Maadam bids farewell to Rambhakts by flagging off Aastha Train
- Calcutta HC grants bail to scribe arrested from Sandeshkhali, raps police for being hyper-active
Sudan national held at Hyderabad airport for transporting red sander logs
A Sudan national has been detained at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad on Monday for allegedly transporting red sander logs in a bag.
Officials grew suspicious on the passenger and checked his bag with a scanning machine and found sandalwood logs packets weighing 5.7 kg. The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has arrested the passenger and handed over to the customs department for further investigation.
On Sunday, four red sander smugglers were burnt alive as two cars they were travelling with red sanders went up in flames after the vehicles collided with a diesel tanker at Gotur near Kadapa airport. Three died on the spot and two others suffered burn injuries.
The police said that the red sanders smugglers are from Selam in Tamil Nadu and locals from Kadapa. The incident occurred when the two cars were fleeing from the inspection and rammed into the tanker.