- Rangareddy: ZPTC Shravan Reddy participates in Bodrai and Maisamma Bonalu festival
- Home Minister Mahmood Ali opens Anti-Narcotics & Cyber Security Bureau
- Special trains between Kacheguda, Kakinada Town
- Hyderabad: City auto owners face hiccups in shift to EVs
- World’s largest grain storage plan gets Cabinet nod
- CM KCR announces slew of sops for Brahmins
- Asaduddin Owaisi refuses to back Kejriwal on Centre's ordinance
- Case against WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh under consideration
- Rahul calls Modi 'specimen'
- Govt issues anti-tobacco rules for OTT platforms
Telangana: Man held for spreading fake on collapse of Hyderabad's Balanagar flyover
A man was arrested by the Cyberabad police on Thursday for spreading fake news on social media saying that Balanagar-Jeedimetla flyover in Hyderabad had collapsed.
A man was arrested by the Cyberabad police on Thursday for spreading fake news on social media saying that Balanagar-Jeedimetla flyover in Hyderabad had collapsed. The police who came across the fake video later verified that the video was shot two years ago when the flyover at Varanasi of Uttar Pradesh collapsed.
In the flyover crash in Uttar Pradesh, around 18 people were killed in the mishap.
On Wednesday, the video claiming to be of Balanagar video being collapsed went viral on social media platforms. The man, Srinivas who shared the news was taken into custody. He said that he circulated the video without knowing its authenticity. Another 17 persons who shared the video were also identified, the police said.
The police said that they would register cases against people who spread such misformation which creates panic among the people.