- Botsa Jansi attends MVV Satyanarayana's Padayatra in Visakhapatnam
- Nadendla Manohar face ire from public in West Godavari
- Venkata Chinna Appalanaidu highlights govt's efforts in providing housing to poor
- Mega job mela on Feb 29 at B Kotthakota
- 57% Indians prefer AI-enabled tools over human interactions
- Are your Cosmetics Expired? Shocking Side Effects you Need to Know
- IIT-D, R Systems International to launch AI centre for sustainable systems
- Top tips to score high in 12th Board Exam
- Tabu, Kareena, Kriti's 'Crew' Teaser Takes Internet by Storm, trending No 1 on YouTube
- Promoting gender equality at workplace
TRS leads in MLC polls
Hyderabad: TRS candidates Surabhi Vanidevi in Hyderabad – Rangareddy – Mahbubnagar constituency and Palla Rajeshwar Reddy in Nalgonda – Warangal-...
Hyderabad: TRS candidates Surabhi Vanidevi in Hyderabad – Rangareddy – Mahbubnagar constituency and Palla Rajeshwar Reddy in Nalgonda – Warangal- Khammam segment were ahead of their rivals in the graduate MLC elections held on March 14.
While Surabhi Vanidevi was leading by 5,000 votes after the fourth round of counting, Palla Rajeshwar Reddy was leading by 15,000 votes, according to officials on Thursday.
The authorities said the counting of the first preference votes would be completed by Friday morning. If no candidate got required number of votes to win, the second preference vote counting would be taken up immediately. It required another 24 hours to complete the counting of the second preference votes.
In Hyderabad segment, the BJP candidate N Ramchendra Rao was close to the TRS candidate in the total polled votes.
Independent candidate Teenmar Mallanna secured the second highest number of votes after TRS nominee in Naglonda segment. Telangana Jana Samithi leader Prof M Kodandaram stood in the third position.