- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Andhra Pradesh: Tension erupts in Tirupati as contract sanitation workers protest
Tensions have erupted in Tirupati over the concerns of contract workers working in the sanitation department in TTD. Workers in the FMS department have been worried for the past few days, demanding that they be merge with the corporation set up by TTD.
Tensions have erupted in Tirupati over the concerns of contract workers working in the sanitation department in TTD. Workers in the FMS department have been worried for the past few days, demanding that they be merge with the corporation set up by TTD. The workers staged a dharna in front of the TTD administration building in Tirupati on Friday.
They demanded that the time scale promise given by CM Jagan during the Padayatra be fulfilled. Police arrived there heavily in the wake of the workers 'concern.
A scuffle ensued between the police and the workers during this sequence. Subsequently the protestor were arrested and rushed to the Police Parade Ground.
The concern of TTD contract workers continues. They have been working for 15 years and demand to abolish the contract system. Protests have been going on for the last 14 days near the Tirupati TTD administration building.
However, on Thursday, EO Jawahar Reddy called the workers for talks, which have been failed. The workers made sensational remarks after negotiations with EO and stated they have been threatened.