- Bank manager in J&K's Pulwama runs off with Rs 33 lakh
- Madras HC allows convict to argue on his own through video conference
- NMD Feroze flays Nandyal MLA
- Tendulkar’s Kashmir visit to boost local crafts, bat industry
- Shahid Kapoor's Heartwarming Encounter with Kareena Kapoor During Pregnancy
- TCS CEO on work-from-office benefits
- Coal sector PSUs poised to cross Rs 21,030cr Capex target for 2023-24
- Sandeshkhali crisis: NCST seeks report from Bengal CS and DGP
- Babu Surety-Bhavishyat ki Guarantee Program to be held today in Orvakal
- Higher secondary exams begin in violence-hit Manipur
Anna Prasadam trust gets 27 crore donations despite lockdown
- EO reviews the activities of the trust
- Officials inform him that 35-45 lakh food packets worth Rs 3 cr were distributed to migrants, the poor and stranded pilgrims
Tirupati: Despite Covid-19 and lockdown, Anna Prasadam trust of the TTD has received more than Rs 27 crore in four-month period. TTD executive officer Anil Kumar Singhal reviewed the activities of the SV Anna Prasadam Trust here on Tuesday. He said during the lockdown period, 35-45 lakh food packets, worth Rs 3.08 crore, were distributed among migrant labour, poor and needy of Tirupati and stranded pilgrims.
According to TTD officials, Anna Prasadam trust has 5,68,421 donors of which 21,732 donors had contributed Rs 27 crore during the lockdown period.
The officials informed the EO that the trust had supplied groceries and other material worth Rs 1 crore to the Chittoor district administration for facilitating 5,000 patients every day at the Covid Care Centres at Tirupati.
The EO directed the officials concerned to consider the proposals to provide Anna Prasadam in TTD temples located at other regions like Rishikesh during prominent festivals like Brahmotsavams, as is being done at Tirumala and Tirupati.
Additional EO A V Dharma Reddy, JEO P Basant Kumar and other officials took part in the review.