- Muslim traders debarred from doing business in Karnataka temple fair
- nurture.farm kickstarts its Sustainable Rice Program for Rabi'23, leading the transition to Sustainable Agriculture Practices
- YS Jagan to visit Cyclone affected areas Guduru and Bapatla tomorrow
- AWG downgrades India again as lessors fail to get back planes from Go First
- Ayodhya: 50 foreign dignitaries invited, entry through barcode passes only
- Shri Ram Anubhav Kendra to come up in Ayodhya
- Calcutta High Court orders interim stay on probe against BJP legislators in National Anthem insult case
- Dunzo fails to pay Nov salaries to its present employees: Report
- Indonesia's Ibu volcano erupts, ash up to 1,200m
- 'Why was treatment denied to 14-yr-old cancer patient?' Delhi Minister to Chief Secy
Chittoor vaccinates 1 lakh people on a single day
- District Collector M Hari Narayanan involves all the officials in the process to ensure that the district reaches its set target
- Principal Secretary (Health) Anil Kumar Singhal also visits several centres in Tirupati to monitor the process
Tirupati: The mega vaccination drive taken up on Sunday become an instant success with Chittoor district having completed one lakh doses by 8 pm. The process began at 7 am in which district administration was expected to complete a target of administering 1.05 lakh vaccine doses during the day. Though it fell short of its target narrowly, the achievement was considered as a major success as such a huge number of persons were never vaccinated so far in a single day.
As the process has been continuing even after 8 pm, the district could well reach its target. Since the Covid vaccination process began on January 16 in the country, the district could vaccinate about 10.67 lakh people during five months while on Sunday alone nearly one lakh doses were given to the beneficiaries.
District Collector M Hari Narayanan has involved all officials from the rank of joint collectors, municipal commissioners, MPDOs, MROs to volunteers, ASHA, Anganwadi workers, ANMs and others in the process to ensure that the district reaches its target. Principal Secretary for Health Anil Kumar Singhal also visited several centres in Tirupati and monitored the process.
DM&HO Dr U Sreehari, DIO Dr C Hanumantha Rao and their staff have worked relentlessly in this mega vaccination drive. Tirupati Municipal Corporation Commissioner P S Girisha and health officer Dr D T Sudha Rani have made elaborate arrangements in the city to complete the stipulated target of 6,000 doses.