- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
Educate schoolchildren on promoting greenery: Prakash Javadekar
Senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha member Prakash Javadekar stressed on bringing awareness among schoolchildren on promoting greenery to check growing pollution
Tirupati: Senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha member Prakash Javadekar stressed on bringing awareness among schoolchildren on promoting greenery to check growing pollution.
Speaking after the distribution of saplings to schoolchildren taken up by BJP city unit as part of the 20-day long 'Seva, Samarpan Abhiyan' in connection with PM Modi's 71st birthday at a private school here on Wednesday, he said everyone should take the responsibility of protecting the environment. BJP after coming to power simplified the rules with regard to growing plants like red sanders and bamboo resulting in farmers also taking up
these plants, he said claiming that the green cover has increased substantially owing to various measures. Pointing that India is importing wood to the tune of Rs 60,000 crore annually for its needs, he said growing trees help decrease the import, saving valuable foreign exchange and also generate employment in the country. BJP leaders M R Raja, G Bhanu Praksh Reddy, S Srinivas, K Ajay Kumar and others were present.