- Inter-state gang manufacturing counterfeit tablets held
- TSBIE grants 5-min grace period for IPE-2024 students
- Veterans and dependents to get cashless treatment
- Guntur: N Chandrababu Naidu public meeting at Dachepalli today
- National meet on Phule’s Vision
- Chandrababu to visit Nellore today, to address a public meeting
- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
- Greens gear up to roll out drive for upkeep of trees across city
Non teaching employees strike in SV University
Promotions issue leads to duties boycott in the varsity All the employees came out side and sat in front of administrative building for justice
Tirupati: Total non teaching staff of the SV University went into pen down strike against the authorities attitude in giving departmental promotions as per seniority of service vise. It is learnt that for the past few days negations were going on between non teaching employees and varsity registrar Sridhar Reddy.
Two days ago university authorities issued promotion orders without consideration of the non teaching employees union leaders advises. Previously the brought to the notice of the university registrar that to give the promotions on the basis of seniority only. But in the episode officials violates rules and gave the promotions as per their choice. Following this development non teaching union leaders gave a call for pen down and boycott the duties from Monday to till the issue will be resolved.
In this connection non teaching association president PK Subramanyam addressing the employees alleged that varsity authorities acted against the rules and gave the promotions as per their choice. He criticized that officials did the injustice to senior employees in giving promotions. Many times we brought this issue to registrar notice for salvation but no response from their side, He added. In the strike all the departments non teaching staff have participated. Non teaching leaders Secretary Subramanyam, A Ramana, MonjoKumar and others were present.