- Visakhapatnam Port to develop East Quay-6
- BRS, Cong mishandled devpt projects: Aruna
- Telangana CEO makes suggestions to enforcement wings on elections
- WhatsApp Update: WhatsApp to Add Custom Chat Filter and Privacy Feature
- Visakhapatnam: PM Narendra Modi to visit vizag on march 1
- Wanted: Biometric system to rein in Late Lateefs in RTOs
- SHE Teams crack down on indecent acts in public
- UoH announces deadline for online programmes
- Visakhapatnam: NTPC to install FGD by year-end
- UoH organises public outreach programme on climate change
Tirumala: Chakrasnanam performed in temple tank after 9 months
- Sudarshana Chakrathalwar is immersed in Pushkarini on the occasion of Vaikunta Dwadasi
- Though Chakrasnanam is performed four times in a year in temple tank Pushkarini, it was held in Ekantam so far this yar due to Covid norms
Tirumala: On the auspicious occasion of Vaikunta Dwadasi, Chakrasnanam was performed in Ekantam to Sri Sudarshana Chakrathalwar in the sacred waters of Swamy Pushkarini at Tirumala on Saturday. This is for the first time the Sudarshana Chakrattalwar was rendered holy Chakrasnanam in the temple tank waters after nine months. It may be mentioned here that TTD has closed the Pushkarini activities early in March this year, following Covid pandemic along with the entry of pilgrims into Pushkarini.
Even during the annual Navaratri Brahmotsavams, TTD observed Chakrasnanam in a makeshift temple tank inside the temple only. Speaking on the occasion, TTD chairman Y V Subba Reddy said this celestial fete is usually performed four times in a year, during Brahmotsavams, Radhasapthami, Ananta Padmanabha Vratam and Vaikuntha Dwadasi. "Almost after nine months, we have performed Chakrasnanam in Pushkarini, but in Ekantam i.e. with no pilgrim participation due to Covid guidelines," he observed. TTD executive officer Dr K S Jawahar Reddy and others also present.