- ‘Malli Putti Vachinava’ from ‘Record Break’ creates buzz
- Ritu Varma shattering fashion stereotypes
- Adani Group to invest Rs 75,000 crore in MP, Pranav Adani sees infinite possibilities for growth
- Student Ends Life After Missing Exam
- Foundation Laying Ceremony Held for construction of BT roads in Visakha East Constituency
- Thrilling Results from BoxingBay Fight Nightshy
- Daily Forex Rates (01-03-2024)
- Google Acquires Photomath, Math Problem Solver at Your Fingertips
- Adari Anand Kumar inaugurates new building in 90 th ward in GVMC
- 20 families in Kadiri town join YSRCP
Tirupati: 57 students of TTD Veda Pathasala test coronavirus positive
- A rapid antigen test was conducted to all students after symptoms were found among some students
- Those students have been admitted to SVIMS where RTPCR tests were conducted
Tirupati: Fifty-seven students of TTD Veda Pathasala in Dharmagiri on Tirumala hills who were found Covid positive were admitted to SVIMS here late on Tuesday night.
The students were found Covid positive in the rapid test conducted in TTD Aswini Hospital on the hills on Tuesday. Those tested positive were taken to SVIMS for better treatment in the night.
SVIMS director Dr B Vengamma said that they were all stable and on observation. After they developed symptoms, rapid tests were conducted on them at TTD central hospital which confirmed positive. In SVIMS, the RTPCR test was conducted after the students were admitted and the result is awaited, she added.
Meanwhile, the TTD in a release here on Wednesday said that the 435 students who returned to the Pathasala after a holiday in their home towns were allowed only into the institution after producing negative report of RTPCR test conducted in their native places.
On Tuesday, rapid test was conducted to all students after Covid symptoms were found among some students leading to the detection of 57 students positive. Alerted by the detection of Covid cases among the 57 students in the rapid test in TTD hospital, TTD again arranged RTPCR test to all the remaining students and the results are awaited.