- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Tirupati: Brahmotsavams begin with Dhwajarohanam
Marking the commencement of nine-day annual Brahmotsavams, Dhwajarohanam ritual was performed inside the temple at the hill shrine on Saturday evening
Tirupati: Marking the commencement of nine-day annual Brahmotsavams, Dhwajarohanam ritual was performed inside the temple at the hill shrine on Saturday evening. '
The ritual was conducted in the Meena Lagnam by priests at Ranganayaka Mandapam. Temple priests hoisted the Garudalwar patam on the top of Dhwajasthambam between 6.03 pm-6.30 pm as a token invitation to all the Deva Ganam (gods).
Later, Kankanabutter Govindacharyulu performed rituals related to the event in the presence of processional deities of Lord Malayappa Swamy and his consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi. On the occasion, priests distributed Prasadams to all the dignitaries and officials.
TTD chairman Y V Subba Reddy, EO Anil Kumar Singhal, Additional EO A V Dharma Reddy, Pedda Jeeyar Swamy, Chinna Jeeyar Swamy and board members D P Ananth, Kumar Guru were present at the Dhwajarohanam.