- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Tirupati: Goddess rides on Garuda Vahanam
On the sixth day morning on Monday as part of the ongoing annual Karthika Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanoor, near here, Goddess Sri Padmavathi Devi in the unique fascinating Sakatasuravadha guise, atop Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam blessed the devotees
Tirupati: On the sixth day morning on Monday as part of the ongoing annual Karthika Brahmotsavams at Tiruchanoor, near here, Goddess Sri Padmavathi Devi in the unique fascinating Sakatasuravadha guise, atop Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam blessed the devotees.
Sakatasuravadha, killing the cart form demon is one of the important episodes in Sri Krishna Leela. On the Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam, Goddess is seen as kicking the 'Sakatam' (cart wheel) with Her leg and there by implying weeding out the evil and protecting the good.
Both the Jeeyar Swamijis of Tirumala, Ex-officio board member Dr C Bhaskar Reddy, JEO P Basanth Kumar, CE Ramesh Reddy, Dy EO Jhansi Rani, VGO Bal Reddy and others were also present.
Goddess rides on Sarvabhoopala again: Goddess Sri Padmavathi Devi graced the Sarva Bhoopala Vahanam again on Monday.
In view of Covid, in place of Swarna Ratham, the Goddess was seated on Sarvabhoopala Vahanam for the second time during the annual fete.
Later in the night, Garuda Seva was observed in the shrine as part of the Brahmotsavams. The Goddess, adorned with dazzling ornaments mounted on Garuda Vahan, the most favorite Vahana celestial carrier of Lord Maha Vishnu, and blessed the devotees.
Both Jeeyar Swamiis, Pedda Jeeyangar, Chinna Jeeyanagar, TTD EO Dr KS Jawahar Reddy, JEO P Basanth Kumar and TTD senior officials were among those who participated in the Vahana Seva.