- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Tirupati: Gopuja celebrated grandly in pilgrim city
Gopuja was celebrated amidst religious fervour and gaiety in the pilgrim city on Friday.
Tirupati: Gopuja was celebrated amidst religious fervour and gaiety in the pilgrim city on Friday. Following the age-old practice, TTD performed Gopuja at its Gosala on the occasion of Kanuma panduga, the third and last day of Sankranti festival.
The entire sprawling premises were decked with colourful flowers and pandals while the bovines were all finely decorated in tune with the celebration giving a touch of festive look to the Gosala set by TTD to promote indigenous (Desi) species of cows.
Earlier in the day in the temple complex, Lord Sri Krishna Swamy was rendered special Abhishekam and offered pujas. The spouse of TTD Trust Board Chairman Swarnalatha participated in Gopuja and Gobbamma Puja held at Goshala.
The TTD Dasa Sahitya Project artistes presented keertans and kolatams which added colour and devotional fervour to the event.
Assistant Director Suman Kumar, Farm Manager Sri Murali, Superintendent Narendra were also present. At ISKCON's Lotus temple, Gopuja was organised in a grand manner attracting good number of devotees for the worship of cows held in the centre.
City based cultural association Rayalaseema Ranga Sthali functionaries including president K N Raja, secretary G Gopinath Reddy organised Gopuja in Konka street amidst chanting of Vedic hymns by Veda pandits in which the residents from the area joined.