- Domestic equities positive after S&P raises India’s forecast
- Goa court summons Arvind Kejriwal in poll code violation case
- Maternal discrimination may affect baby’s brain development: Study
- J-K: Udhampur girl writes to PM Modi, urges him to build better roads to school
- LG flags off Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra in Delhi
- IFFI 2023: Golden Peacock Award nomination a proud moment for ‘Kantara’ team, says Rishab Shetty
- Kerala High Court initiates contempt case against 29 lawyers for misbehaving with woman Magistrate
- iOS17 update adds new feature that raises privacy concern
- Women are way ahead of time in today’s world, says Vidya Balan
- Nani, Shruti Haasan comes with a party anthem ‘Odiyamma’ from ‘Hi Nanna’
Tirupati : Sikaris urge government to protect lands from encroachments
Sikari(Nakkala) Welfare Association organising secretary for Nellore and Chittoor districts Dabba Parasunath demanded the government to protect their lands located at Audi Maratapuram of Chintalapalem village in Yerpedu mandal from encroachments
Tirupati : Sikari(Nakkala) Welfare Association organising secretary for Nellore and Chittoor districts Dabba Parasunath demanded the government to protect their lands located at Audi Maratapuram of Chintalapalem village in Yerpedu mandal from encroachments.
Addressing media at Press Club here on Saturday, Parasunath said they have threat from landlords, who are trying to grab their lands in an extent of 560 acres.
He said the lands were allotted some 50 years back and with the land value increasing, the landlords in the surrounding villages are trying to grab them.
"Being illiterates and poor, the landlords trying to occupy their lands forcefully using political clouts which they have been resisting since long back," he said and added that the DKT pattas for their lands were issued in 1971.