- BJP's agenda is 'wait for your rights but vote for us now': AICC spokesperson
- Asian Games: Indian men's hockey team looks to improve PC conversion rate against Singapore
- Regional parties need to unite for good of country, says Sukhbir Badal at INLD rally in Haryana
- Centre extends time period for stock limits on tur, urad by two months till Dec 31
- AIADMK severs ties with BJP-led NDA alliance, to lead separate front in '24
- AIADMK severs ties with BJP-led NDA alliance
- Google to shut Basic HTML version of Gmail in Jan 2024
- How to prepare for IELTS speaking test
- Intensive medical check-up of obese policemen for another month: Assam DGP
- Rathotsavam Seva at Kanipakam Temple
Sikh foundation provides water for 1 at GGH in Vijayawada
Guru Govind Singh Foundation on Wednesday set up third water point at the Government General Hospital to provide drinking water to visitors at Rs 1 per litre.
Vijayawada: Guru Govind Singh Foundation on Wednesday set up third water point at the Government General Hospital to provide drinking water to visitors at Rs 1 per litre.
District Collector J Nivas, who inaugurated the water point at the hospital, appreciated the efforts of the foundation for coming forward to set up the water point on the hospital premises.
The Foundation has set up the third water point here to provide water at just Rs 1 per litre to make it affordable.
Foundation's chairman Kuldeep Kaur said, "We are ready to support society with any kind of service be it water, food, oxygen or education". She also said that GGSF strictly follows the teachings of Sikhism, which has always taught to serve the mankind.
Water is a fundamental human need in everyday life and especially in a hot city like Vijayawada, she added.
Joint Collector (Aasra) K Mohan Kumar, City Mayor Rayana Bhagya Lakshmi, city corporators Aparna Devineni and B Pravallika were also present.