- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Vijayawada: 7,000 applications receive for inclusion in voters' list
Krishna district electoral rolls observer B Sridhar has asked the officials to be cautious while revision of voters list
Vijayawada: Krishna district electoral rolls observer B Sridhar has asked the officials to be cautious while revision of voters list.
Sridhar, the Managing Director of AP Genco, conducted a review meeting with the electoral officers of the 16 Assembly constituencies in Krishna district at the collector's camp office on Thursday.
Speaking on the occasion, he said objections and claims can be collected till December 15 for preparation of draft voters list in the district. He said so far 7000 applications were received and another 3,000 applications can be received for claims. He said the claims can be solved by January 5 and final voters list will be ready by January 15.
Krishna district collector Md Imtiaz said the district population was 45,28,912 in 2011 and projected population is 48,08,857. He said the number of voters in the district were 35,84,848 by February 2, 2020 and number can be increased to 35,96,431.
VMC Commissioner Prasanna Venkatesh and officials of Revenue, Tribal Welfare, Forest, DWMA, Youth Welfare and others attended the meeting.