- JC Prabhakar wants Revanth Reddy to be CM of Telangana
- 25-year-old woman murdered and set ablaze in Medak
- Nguvu Change Leader Roshni Perween amplifies call to end child marriage at the Global Summit
- YS Jagan reviews on Cyclone Michaung, asks officials to provide facilities to flood affected areas
- Seeds of Thought: Sadhguru’s Quotes to Celebrate World Soil Day 2023!
- Embracing Winter Joy: A Guide to Keeping Your Baby Warm and Protected
- Theme, history, meaning and how to celebrate World Soil Day 2023
- Visakhapatnam Airport made operational 24/7 for two days
- CID's Beloved Fredericks, Actor Dinesh Phadnis, Passes Away: Co-star Dayanand Shetty Confirms
- Measuring Digital Transformation ROI: Metrics That Matter
Visakhapatnam: Mayor Hari Venkata Kumari urges women to download Disha app on mobile phones
G Hari Venkata Kumari says CM Jagan introduced Disha Act for the protection of women
Visakhapatnam: Every woman should download Disha App on their mobile phones, GVMC Mayor G Hari Venkata Kumari said.
Participating as a chief guest at an awareness programme organised by the police here on Saturday, the Mayor said Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy introduced Disha Act and app to protect women from the atrocities they face.
Further, she stated that the Disha police station has complete details of the app and that women should be aware of the application to guard themselves in times of distress.
A number of students who took part in the programme downloaded the Disha app. The awareness drive was attended by DCP-I Gowthami Sali, ACP of Disha police station Prem Kajal, among others.