- Amit Shah to address public meet in MP ahead of LS polls
- TDP names 3 new faces from Chittoor district in first list
- Kartik Aaryan's Aashiqui 3 Faces Legal Trouble
- Here's how chronic stress boosts cancer spread
- TDP-Jana Sena alliance announces 15 candidates in joint Godavari district
- China beat host S Korea to reach men's final at World Team Table Tennis Championships
- Terrific to discuss India’s growth with Gautam Adani over delicious breakfast: Uber CEO
- Tamil Nadu Congress MLA Vijayadharani joins BJP
- AI transforming hair salons
- Rio Open: Cameron Noorie secures semis spot beating Thiago Seyboth Wild
9 killed, 3 injured after plane crashes in South Dakota, claim officials
Knudson says weather will be among several factors NTSB investigators will review, but no cause has yet been determined.
Chamberlain: Authorities say nine people have been killed after a plane crashed in South Dakota.
Peter Knudson with the National Transportation Safety Board tells The Associated Press 12 people were aboard the Pilatus PC-12 when it crashed about 12:30 pm on Saturday, shortly after taking off from Chamberlain, about 140 miles (225.3 kilometers) west of Sioux Falls.
Knudson says nine people were killed and three were injured. The single-engine plane was bound for Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Media reports say Chamberlain and central south-central South Dakota were under a winter storm warning at the time of the crash.
Knudson says weather will be among several factors NTSB investigators will review, but no cause has yet been determined. He says inclement weather is making travel to the site difficult.
No further information was immediately available.