- Madhapur Drugs Case: Film director Vasu Varma arrested
- NDA will secure more than 350 seats in 2024 polls: Pradhan
- Mangaluru International Airport records increase in passenger traffic
- Telangana Governor interacts with eminent academicians
- Big day for Chandrababu Naidu today, 2 court, two petitions
- Move to shift Rural Health Training Centre opposed
- Many leaders from YCP join TDP in protest against Chandrababu Naidu’s arrest
- Chandramukhi-2 team seeks blessings of Ammavaru at Pedammathalli temple
- Gaity and religious fervor marks Rathotsavam in Tirumala
- JC Prabhakar kept under house arrest
China's Wuhan administers over 17mn Covid vaccine doses
Wuhan, the capital of central China's Hubei Province once hard hit by Covid-19.
Wuhan, the capital of central China's Hubei Province once hard hit by Covid-19, has administered over 17.1 million doses of coronavirus vaccines as of 5 p.m. on Tuesday, according to the municipal health commission.
Starting from March 12 this year, Wuhan began to roll out free Covid-19 vaccination for people aged between 18 and 59, Xinhua news agency reported on Wednesday.
The city started ramping up its vaccination efforts to cover people aged 60 and above from March 23.
Local health authorities have set up a total of 336 vaccination sites to meet the vaccination demands, according to the commission.
So far, about 77.63 per cent of the city's adult population has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19, said the commission.
Wuhan plans to extend the vaccination programme to minors aged between 12 and 17 next.