- Hyderabad: EFLU issues notification for recruitment of non-teaching staff
- Congress greets people on Telangana statehood day
- Sharwanand marriage updates: Wedding hungama kickstarted in Jaipur
- APPSC Group-1 Mains exam to begin tomorrow chairman inspects arrangements
- Meta ends remote work policy; find details
- Five Poll Guarantees Would Be Implemented In Karnataka, Says CM Siddaramaiah
- Vijayawada ACB court hears arguments on CID's petition on Naidu's residence, adjourns hearing to June 6
- PM Narendra Modi, Amit Shah greet Telangana Governor on birthday
- Telangana emerging as hub of innovation, startups: President Murmu
- BRS will not get even depositsin upcoming polls, says Telangana Mahila Congress chief
Bengaluru: Congress MLA H D Ranganath donates plasma for Corona patients
Congress legislator H.D. Ranganath from the Kunigal assembly segment in Karnataka's Tumakuru district donated his plasma to Covid patients at a private hospital here on Wednesday
Bengaluru: Congress legislator H.D. Ranganath from the Kunigal assembly segment in Karnataka's Tumakuru district donated his plasma to Covid patients at a private hospital here on Wednesday.
"As I recovered from the infection on July 28 with anti-bodies, I have donated 500 ml plasma at HCG Hospital in the city, which will be used to treat two Covid patients in need of it," Ranganath told IANS here. The convalescent plasma therapy involves using antibodies from the blood of a recovered Covid-19 patient to treat those affected by the corona virus.
Though Ranganath, an orthopedic surgeon, his aged parents, son and brother tested Covid positive in early July, they got treated and discharged in 2-3 weeks, as they were all asymptomatic.
"My younger brother Ramchandra Prahbhu, who is a physician, also donated 500 ml plasma along with me at the same hospital so that two more Covid patients can be treated for the infection," said Ranganath.
Allaying fears about the pandemic and the stigma attached to it, Ranganath said testing and treatment with all precautions like quarantining and timely food would ensure early recovery from the infection.
"As a public representative, I have also distributed over 2-lakh Vitamin C, Vitamin D and other immunity boosters to many people in my constituency over the last 2-3 months to ensure they remain free from the virus," said Ranganath.