- Is it the end of politics in Russia?
- Farmers’ popularity graph at stake
- BJP needs different narrative down south
- Tension prevails in Tadepalli
- Sharmila lambasts YSRCP govt for betraying youth
- Differences plague YSRCP in Itchapuram
- Nagababu may contest in Anakapalli Lok Sabha seat
- TNSF stages a protest against Amarnath
- BJP leadership will decide on alliances: Purandeswari
- Bhumana credits volunteers for success of govt schemes
Cop killed by Naxals in Chhattisgarh
A policeman was killed by Naxals at a weekly market in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Sunday, a police official said
Bijapur: A policeman was killed by Naxals at a weekly market in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Sunday, a police official said.
The incident took place around 2 pm when assistant constable Chaitu Kadti went to the market in Mirtur village along with his family members, he said.
A 'small action team' of Naxals (typically comprising four to five cadres) suddenly stabbed Kadti with knives, killing him on the spot, and fled, the official said.
The rebels did not harm the family members of Kadti, who was posted at Mirtur police station, he said.
On getting information about the incident, a police team rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem, the official said.
A search was underway to nab the assailants, he added.